Sunday, August 25, 2024

The Seasoning of My Speech

Days that are “dotted with difficulties” go down better when “seasoned with trust and thankfulness.”

I’ve been trying to use less salt. I blame my poor sense of smell for limiting the flavors I taste in foods. Maybe it’s all in my head, but I compensate for the lack in my tongue with salt sprinkled liberally on everything on my plate at the start of a meal.

I am sure my salt consumption is negatively way off the chart when considering heart health. So I decided not to eliminate it entirely, but to limit my intake by substituting spices on my food instead.

Funny, then, that I came across this sentence today in Sarah Young’s Jesus Calling devotional reading for today.: “Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness.” I like that. Apparently my thought life and my vocal interactions with God can be a little bland, as well. The solution then is to season them with words of gratitude and thanksgiving. My day will be better as a result, and my God will find my words tasty, as well.

“May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14 NIV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...