I was sitting silently, pondering what to write about today when a recent episode of the “Project Runway” fashion design television series popped into my mind. The weekly challenges usually begin in the same way: On-air mentor and co-producer Tim Gunn says, “Designers, you have thirty minutes to sketch your designs, and then we’re going to Mood [Fabrics]. Make it work!”
I laugh because perhaps God is saying the same thing to me. I sit silently for a few minutes until an idea comes to me and I see how it might shape up… then I start writing and complete the thought.
Shouldn’t that be the blue print for our days, as well? Spend time with the Lord, getting inspiration and direction, and then plan the day ahead. The pack up your “sketchbooks”, get on with the day and “make it work”! It’s when we skip the sketching stage and don’t consult the One Who has designed all our days that we wander aimlessly through the hours available to us and end up with nothing finished or a creation far short of our potential.
The opportunity to be on the show is a huge gift to up-and-coming fashion designers… a chance to use the gifts they’ve been given to accomplish something truly extraordinary.
We start each day the same way – having been given gifts and the opportunity to use them. Consult with the Master first thing and have the only Judge whose opinion matters say, “Well done!” when He looks at your work at the end of your days.
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’” (Matthew 25:21 NIV)
(photo credit: Unsplash/BenIwara)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time. :)