Sunday, April 30, 2023

"Butt" the ZEBRAS...!

I know I said that baobab trees were my favorite… and then I added elephants. But maybe my heart saved the best for last and it’s really all about the zebras. 

 

I don’t think I’d ever seen more than a couple of zebras together before this trip, and that at some dusty enclosure at a local zoo. To see thousands of the animals together on the African savanna, their black and white-striped bodies mingling with tails swinging is an incredible sight! 

 

Zebras are migratory animals, too, coming to calve in the Tanzanian grasslands in February, sharing the same dangers of crossing the Mara River that the wildebeest face, and then following a circular route back into Kenya as the rain and resultant food supplies dictate.

 

A zebra is simply beautiful from all angles and aspects. So many of the African animals in total that we tried to photograph seemed to “turn tail” just as the camera clicked that we joked about making a collage of animal backsides, as most of our shots seemed to feature that view! But a zebra butt is simply striking, especially in a line of animals standing together, as hopefully the attached photograph shows!

 

And how fitting, as I now look at my great African adventure in hindsight with this last post… truly a trip of unimaginable beauty and incredible excitement, every day along the way! I am simply so grateful I got to go. 

 

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father…”

James 1:17 NIV

 

1 comment:

  1. Africa is my favourite place to be. Congrats on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...