Friday, May 3, 2024

5/3/24 - It's Fifth Third Day!

I wrote the date in my journal this morning and stopped... "Today is Fifth Third Day!", I chortled... wondering if the bank was celebrating! On a whim I looked online and found that the bank has recognized this date on the calendar since 1991, and since 2012 they have used the day to fight hunger, providing 10 million meals in the communities where they have a "retail footprint"! What a great idea and commendable way to celebrate. It makes me want to look at my life today and search for ways I might likewise find to "feed the hungry" - physically, financially, emotionally, or spiritually. How can I make a difference today? 

That last word is important. What difference am I making today? Not what donation I made yesterday... what words I offered two days before that... what offer I extended last week. Today is a new day, with fresh opportunities for service and new supply from the Lord. 

Don't hide your wallet, swallow your words, or stick your helping hands in your pockets. Jesus would celebrate Fifth Third Day because it illustrates perfectly Who and What He is: more than enough!

"...Today, if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts..." (Hebrews 3:15 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...