Saturday, May 18, 2024

Choose the Better Way

(Unsplash: Burst)
I know better. 

I know better than to go my own way, no matter how right it seems to me. When I surrendered my life to God, I gave the gift of choice back to Him in acknowledgment of His sovereignty over my days. But I still have such a hard time letting go of control. 

Part of the problem is that the way I want to take not only seems right to me, but to other people, as well. I fear their reactions to my (God’s!) decision to act another way. I dread their disappointment in me. 

That right there is the problem… once again putting fear of man over fear of God. Shouldn’t it be more important that God is pleased with me than that my friends are? I have no greater Friend than He. What He says goes, whether I understand it, agree with it, or not. I give up my will as a sacrificial offering. The more it costs me, the more valuable it is to Him. 

I am probably overthinking the situation anyway. My friends have more weighty considerations on their minds today than what I’m doing with my time. 

Nowhere in God’s plan for my life is it written that I understand. I think one of the hardest words in the Bible to live out is “trust”. Thankfully, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. 

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; And lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV, emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...